top of page


Q: What do I need to do to get into a dispensary?

A: If you are shopping recreationally, you simply need to bring a valid driver’s license or identification, stating you are at least 21 years of age.

If you are a medical patient, you must present your MMJ License, or “Red Card” from the state, as well as your state ID. Temporary paperwork refers to the Physician’s Certification form and MMJ Application form you received from the doctor. Your Certified Mail receipt will serve as your proof of mailing. Proof of payment is necessary to confirm the application fee has been submitted. If you pay by money order your receipt will serve as your proof of payment. If you pay by check, you must keep a copy of the check or proof the check has been cashed.

Temporary paperwork and supporting documentation is valid for entry and purchase at dispensaries for 60 days from the date on your Physician’s Certification. After 60 days the temporary paperwork becomes void. If you have not received your state issued MMJ License within 60 days you need to contact the MMJ Registry to find out more information.


Q: What is an immature plant?

A: Immature plants were previously known as clones, cuttings, clippings, etc. As of July 1, 2011 the Medical Marijuana Enforcement Division has defined an immature plant as, “a nonflowering medical marijuana plant that is no taller than eight (8) inches and no wider than eight (8) inches that is in a growing container that is no larger than two (2) inches wide and two (2) inches tall that is sealed on the sides and bottom, although the seal on the bottom may contain ventilation or drainage holes.”


Q: I would like to make Kind Love my caregiver but I am already signed up at another dispensary. Can I switch caregivers?

A: As of July 1, 2011, patients can change their provider once every 120 days. A provider can either be a Medical Marijuana Center (MMC) or an individual caregiver. In order to change your provider, you need to complete a Change of Caregiver form. These forms must be notarized and mailed to the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment with a copy of your state ID and your caregiver’s state ID if you choose an individual. If you have an out of state ID you will need to prove Colorado residency. Proof of residency can be a utility bill for a Colorado residence in your name. Kind Love has a notary on staff that would be happy to help you complete the form and mail it out at no cost to you.


Q: Smoking is getting harsh on my throat. Is there any other way to medicate?

A: There are many different options for medicating with cannabis; edibles & beverages, canna-caps, tincture, suppositories and vaporizing. Edibles and beverages are medicated with some form of cannabis and a recommended dosage. The effects of edibles and beverages tend to last longer than smoking cannabis but the effects are not felt as quickly. If you are new to an edible or beverage we recommend starting with a small amount so as not to overwhelm yourself once they take effect. At Kind Love, we carry everything from sodas to teas to salsa to sweets! Your Kind Love budtender is professionally trained and will be happy to help you determine the product that’s best suited for you.


Q: I lost my card, what should I do?

A: You need to fill out a Report of lost/stolen registration card form in order to have your card reissued. The form can be found on the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment’s website in the “Forms” section of the Medical Marijuana Division. This form must be notarized before it is sent to the state. Kind Love has a notary on staff and can mail the form by Certified Mail to ensure delivery.

bottom of page